The word “ayurveda” is Sanskrit: आयुर्वेद, Āyurveda, meaning knowledge of life and longevity.
हिताहितं सुखं दुःखं आयुस्तस्य हिताहितम् ।
मानं च तच्च यत्रोक्तं आयुर्वेदः स उच्यते ॥ च.सू.३.४१॥
अर्थात् हितायु, अहितायु, सुखायु एवं दुःखायु; इस प्रकार चतुर्विध जो आयु है उस आयु के हित तथा अहित अर्थात् पथ्य और अपथ्य आयु का प्रमाण एवं उस आयु का स्वरूप जिसमें कहा गया हो, वह आर्युवेद कहा जाता है।
The main classical Ayurveda texts begin with accounts of the transmission of medical knowledge from the Gods to sages, and then to human physicians.
PURPOSE OF AYURVEDA
प्रयोजनं चास्य स्वस्थस्य स्वास्थ्यरक्षणमातुरस्य विकारप्रशमनं च।
“इस आयुर्वेद का प्रयोजन स्वस्थ व्यक्ति के स्वास्थ्य की रक्षा करना और रोगी व्यक्ति के रोग को दूर करना है।”
The purpose of Ayurveda is to protect the health of the healthy and alleviate disorders in the diseased. It has also been indicated as the science of the protection of your age (Ayu).
We at Ayurva usually emphasize our diagnosis on the nadi pariksha (ancient ayurvedic technique of diagnosis). It can precisely diagnose physical, mental and emotional imbalances as well as diseases. The time tested and age-old natural way of healing, Ayurveda, has taught that any presence of disease in our system will be indicated as an imbalance in our ‘doshas’. The key to cure and keep our body in good health is to balance the doshas & bring back balance to the body system. We also follows following major ways for diagnosis of our patients.
Examination of Voice
Examination of Touch
Examination of Appearance
Examination of Taste
Examination of Smell
You name the disorder, Ayurveda has treatment for it. Ancient acharyas have shown the amazing way to treat any condition. We prescribe many treatments for various medical conditions such as cancer, stress, lifestyle problems, cholesterol, paralysis etc. Usually we will create a treatment plan specifically designed for our patients. The goal of treatment is to ignite your digestive fire & cleanse your body of undigested food, which can stay in your body and lead to illness. The cleansing process—called “panchakarma”— is designed to reduce your symptoms and restore harmony and balance.
Is detoxification or servicing of the human body. It aims to rid the body of unspecified “toxins” – substances that proponents claim have accumulated in the body and have undesirable short-term or long-term effects on individual health. All the elements of the universe are made up of five mahabhutas
- Prithvi (Earth)
- Aap (Water)
- Tej (Fire)
- Vayu (Air)
That’s why daily regime or eating habits of the person affects the human body , hence ayurveda suggests panchakarma to cleanse the body and bring all the mahabhutas, dosha and dhatus in equilibrium.
Panchakarma is done in following three steps:
- Purva Karma (Pre procedure) – Snehapanam, Snehan & Swedana
- Pradhan Karma (Main Procedure) – Five Karmas
- Pashyat Karma (Post procedure) – Dhoompan & Sansrjan Kram
It decreases the power of disease & vitilated dosha due to which during the pradhan karma toxins should easily be removed from the human body.
Has following 3 procedures
– Medicated ghee / sesame oil / herbal oil is given internally in a proportionally increased quantity for a period of 7 to 14 days
– Special types of oil massage in which strokes are given corresponding to the diseases for 45 minutes per day for 7 to 14 days.
– Swedana means to perspire, also known as steam therapy for 45 minutes per day for 7 to 14 days.
– It predominantly reduces body fats.
Is the main detoxification procedure. Basis on the nature of disease or stan (location) of dosha in the human body following 5 procedures are carried out.
Vaman / Emesis
– It is the process in which toxins from the upper part of the body are removed by induced vomiting.
– In this, the patient undergoes proper oleation and fomentation treatment for 7 to 8 days and then vomiting is induced through ayurvedic emetics on the 9th / 10th day.
– This procedure is generally carried out for kaph dominated conditions like Asthma , Acid Peptic Disorders, Skin Disorders, Allergy, Psoriasis, Thyroid Disorders, Obesity, – Migraine, Infertility, Lifestyle Disorders, Chronic sinusitis & respiratory problems.
– Procedure also carried out for the healthy individuals during Vasant Rutu (Spring) Mid- March to Mid-May
Virechan / Purgation
– Removing the vitiated doshas through faeces is called virechana
– In this, the patient undergoes proper oleation and fomentation treatment for 7 to 8 days and then Virechana is induced through ayurvedic laxatives on the 9th / 10th day.
– This procedure is generally carried out for Pitta dominating diseases & conditions.
Basti / Vasti / Medicated enema
– Removing the vitiated doshas through anus is called basti.
– Certain herbal oils ,herbal extras etc , are applied through the rectum daily for a period of 7 to 28 days
– Basti is predominantly used to cure disease occurring due to vata predominance like Arthritis, paralysis , Hemiplegia , Numbness , gastric complaints associated with Rheumatism and constant constipation
The main types of basti are:
1. ANUVASAN BASTI: Basti of sesame oil/oil enhanced with medicinal herbs / ghee .
2. NIRUHA BASTI: Basti of decoction mixed with honey, rock salt, oil etc .
3. UTTARA BASTI: This is a different type of basti, where the basti fluids are given through penis in men and through vagina in females. Usually carried out for sexual & reproductive systems problems.
Nasya / Nasal medication
– Putting drops of medicated oils/ghee/churna in both nostrils is called Nasya.
– Herbal juices, medicated oils etc are applied through the nose for 7 to 14 days.
– Nasya helps to cure diseases located above the sternum like Headaches, Paralysis, Mental disorders, and some types of Skin Diseases
– Doing Nasya on a daily basis prevents you from any kind of bacteria or virus causing influenza.
Rakstmokshan / Bloodletting
– Removal of vitiated blood from the body.
– It is usually done for pitta and rakta dosha vitiated diseases.Rakta mokshana is done with the help of a needle or leech worm.
All 5 pradhan karmas need to follow few precautions to eliminate residews of toxins from the human body & are followed as per karmas.
Post cleansing regimen for Vaman & Virechana
– Since Vaman (emesis) and Virechan (purgation), tend to leave an impact on the internal lining of some parts of the digestive tract, a special dietary regimen is advised for 7 to 14 days after completion of the main procedures. This specific diet is known as Sansarjan Krama.
– During these days, warm water should be drunk, along with food.
– From the seventh day onwards, the patient is gradually allowed to resume his normal diet.
Post cleansing regimen for Nasya & Raktamokshana
Dhoompan – After proper completion of these two procedures, medicated cigars prepared from medicinal powders are usually smoked; this procedure is known as Dhoomapan
Post cleansing regimen for Basti
– All the spicy,pungent and fried, oily, stale foods, and excessive eating should be avoided during medicated enema therapy.
– Immediately after taking Niruha Basti, the patient should take a warm bath and rest.
– A light diet of boiled lentils and grams should be eaten and a routine for a specific period, known as Parihara Kaala.
– During this period it is advisable to avoid all physical as well as emotional tensions & Sunbathing.
– Anuvasan Basti is given in order to retain the enema material in the body. Therefore, sleeping for 7-8 hours in lateral position after anuvasan is advised, so as to allow the medicated oil or Ghrita to be absorbed in the body channels.
There are many other procedures carried out at Ayurva apart from the main panchakarma procedures on the basis of nature of the disease. These are as below.
– Lukewarm herbal oils are applied all over the body.
– Useful for diseases like Arthritis, Hemiplegia, Paralysis, Sexual disorders, Nervous Disorder etc
– Medical packs applied externally in the form boluses tied up in muslin bags over whole body or any specific part of body to perspire the application
– Useful for all types of rheumatism, joint pain, emaciation of limbs, cholesterol and certain kinds of skin diseases.
– Gently pouring liquids like medicated oil / ghee / milk / butter milk over the forehead is shirodhara.
– Gives sudden relief from chronic headaches, insomnia, mental tension, hysteria, hallucination and insanity etc.
– Massage with herbal powders
– Useful for diseases like Hemiplegia, Paralysis & Obesity.
Herbal oils and decoctions are applied through the vaginal route.
This treatment is used for gynecological disorders & purification of genital organs.
Pinda Pottali Swedan
– Is swedana using a bolus which is prepared by combination of different medicinal herbs
– Useful for Vat disorders.
Patra Pinda Swedan
– Is a swedana using a bolus which is prepared by leaves
– Useful for Vat disorders like rheumatic disorders
A specific organ / part of the body is filled with oil/ ghee etc for curing the vitiated dosha of specific region
Base on location over the body it labelled as
– Lukewarm herbal oils are poured into a cup fitted on the head
– These treatments are highly effective for Facial Paralysis, Dryness of nostrils-mouth-throat, severe headaches & other vatha originated diseases.
– Lukewarm herbal oils are poured into a cup fitted on the both eyes
– This treatments highly effective for eye problems
– Warm medicated oil is kept over the lower back with herbal paste boundary
– It is good for any type of back pain and spinal disorders.
– Warm medicated oil is kept over the knees with herbal paste boundary
– It is good for knee joint problems.
– Warm medicated oil is kept over the neck with herbal paste boundary
– It is good for knee joint problems.
– Warm medicated oil is kept over the spine with herbal paste boundary
– It is good for any type of back pain and spinal disorders.
Hruday / Uro Basti
– Warm medicated oil is kept over the chest
– This is an effective treatment for Asthma, Respiratory problem, Heart Diseases and Muscular Chest Pain.
– This is a process of medicated fumes or medicated oil applied to the ears
– This process helps to clean the ears and avoids ailments associated with the ear.
One looks beautiful and radiant only when the beauty of the inner body surfaces. Inner beauty can be achieved through Yoga, Meditation and use of beauty enhancers. Outer beauty includes the obvious traits such as contours of the body, texture of the skin and the quality of the hair and nails. Massage is the easy method for the proper circulation of vital fluids to give a beautiful luster to the skin. This improves the skin complexion, skin tone and muscle tone.
These treatments include herbal face pack, herbal cream massage, massage with special oils, fruit juices, herbal juices, body pack, head pack, steam bath or herbal bath and intake of herbal juices. Some of these treatments are as below
- Skin enhancing
- Seasonal : mango scrub, aloe vera scrub, neem scrub
- Body polishing with abhyanga massage
- Whitening and brightening (dull skin)
- Hydrating and nourishing (for dry skin )
- Glowing and firming (for glowing complexion
- Acne defying (for pimple prone skin)
- Anti aging for (mature skin)
- Royal (body massages + body scrub + facial)
- Head to toe (head massage + body scrub and massages + facial)
- Foot Spa Treatments
- Hand Spa Treatments
- Dandruff (lemon and aloevera pack +hair wash with decoctions + head massage)
- Hairfall (course of minimum three sessions- derma roller+shirodhara+medicines internally)
- Damaged and dry hair (hair oil + steam + aloe vera pack mixed with herbs according to prakriti analysis)
- Neem is considered to be the most effective herb among various herbal remedies for acne.
- Neem effectively kills the bacteria that causes acne, reduces inflammation and also helps in clearing acne scars. Neem leaves combine antiseptic, antiviral, antifungal, astringent, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to create a holistic remedy against acne. The ancient Ayurvedic practice of using Neem to relieve the skin from infections, rashes, pimples and acne has been followed since ages.
- Often the first part of the body to show signs of aging, the skin around the eyes has few sebaceous glands to produce oil and keep the skin supple.
- Poor eating habits are reflected in the face, especially in the undereye area consuming a lot of caffeine and cold drinks, and skipping breakfast can stress the digestive system, making it difficult for the body to absorb nutrients.
- Dark circles can also be caused by anemia and lack of sleep.
- Netrabasti + local application + inner medication & detoxification is required to cure this.
We got 100% relief for both of us. I, Mangesh suffered from increased bilirubin levels which got cured after 3 months medicines from Dr. Suyog. My wife, Madhuri got relief for her backache with 3 moths medicines from Ayurva.
Mr. & Mrs. GadekarYeola, Nasik.
We have undergone the detoxification therapies at Ayurva in Jan 2020. Both of us got tremendous effect in our health & in our daily routine. We have also lost few kg’s of our weight during this 2 weeks program. This is wonderful treatment for servicing of our body as we do for our car.
Mr. & Mrs. PatilPimpale Saudagar, Pune
I have been beneficiaries of Dr.Vaibhav’s treatments since a decade for my entire family. I have witnessed some wonderful result for everyone in my family. Most important, I remember a Kidney stone issue of mine which got cure without operation. I recommend to follow their treatments for better immunity & health.
Er. Pranit PawarBajaj Auto, Pune
I have undergone the panchakarma treatments at Ayurva in Jan 2020 for detoxification (2 weeks program). I got 80% relief in my complains after these therapies. I am sure will get 100% relief with the current Ayurva medicines. I advised to go with Ayurva therapies for your complains.
Er. Ganesh DhamangundePune
We had planned a arrival of our Baby with the Garbhasanskar program from Dr.Suyog in 2012. With all authentic medicines & guidance we blessed with a healthy & immune baby boy. He is now 8 years old & till now never required to took any allopathic medicines for any of medical issue. Strongly recommend the program for a healthy future of your family.
Adv. Jagdish ShindeNasik
I was suffering from neck & throat pain since 3 years. Had undergone many allopathic treatments but couldn’t get any relief with my complains. At Ayurva, I have undergone treatment with consultation from Dr.Pradnya & it has given me quick relief & complete relief in 3 months. At present Dr.Pradnya is our family doctor. Thanks
Mrs. Shilpa ShindeKatraj, Pune
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
OPEN HOURS & CONTACT
1873 Corporate Arena, A-204, Vitthal Complex,Keshavrao Bhumkar Chowk, Narhe, Pune.
Toll Free Number